YouTube is undoubtedly the best platform for sharing quick and helpful information and more and more people turn to YouTube in search of information As a result, we find various types of videos on YouTube that carry important information, helpful tips and instructions that help users tackle everything and anything under the sun from coding, building, cooking, maths, science, arts, sewing, repairs, iron forging and anything between.
The platform has over two billion monthly viewers streaming its videos making it an excellent marketing platform to get your products across millions of people. Videos on YouTube can be found under various categories. Therefore. If there’s anything that you want to learn, you simply have to search on YouTube since there is a high probability that someone has done a video about it.
There are various ways to promote a product on YouTube. It is simply a matter of being creative enough. The internet has always appreciated creative content and strategies. We have often seen products that have been able to make it on the internet itself. This article will be your guide on how to market your business or its products on YouTube.
What’s on YouTube for eCommerce?
eCommerce businesses are known for establishing their name within the internet itself. It is no secret that only a few succeed since it is not easy to position a brand in a virtual space. This is why it is important to utilize all the available online channels to their maximum when it comes to promoting a business over the internet. YouTube is used by many businesses for promotion every second that goes by.
The audience we find on YouTube is quick. They require information in the fastest method possible. That’s why certain videos tend to suggest the most important time frame so that it saves time for the viewers.
However, If the content you post on YouTube is powerful enough, viewers will prefer reading to watching a video from the start until the end. This leads to a potential mistake that many YouTube channels make which is, giving priority to views. It is important to remember that views do not matter if anyone who is watching the video does not need to buy the exhibited product. This is where strategy comes into play.
When we want to learn something, we usually search on Google or YouTube. You can use this habit to promote the products of your eCommerce site. You can upload video tutorials on how to use certain products. Provide links to your website under these videos and mention that these products can be brought from your online store.
For example, If you have a new smartphone for sale on your website, you can post a video from your YouTube channel explaining the features of the device and showing the viewers how to set it up. You can also mention that this smartphone is available on your website.
You can also showcase your website on videos. This way you can highlight the benefits of shopping at your website while providing information that the viewers need to know. It is important to remember that viewers admire inspirational messages and stories. Therefore if any stories are presented in the form of video, try to make them inspirational. You also have the opportunity to collaborate with other content creators on YouTube. You can advertise your website on their videos as a sponsor. This will help in creating brand awareness. It is also one of the best ways to use YouTube for marketing. When collaborating with other YouTubers, make sure their content matches your business or products. This will help in having an impact on their viewers who will also relate to what you are promoting.
How to Create a YouTube Account?
You can create an account on YouTube, you need to have an account on Gmail first. Simply go to YouTube,
- Click the “Sign In” button at the right top corner of the YouTube homepage.
- If you already have a Gmail account, you continue by entering the email address and the password. If you don't, click on “Create Account”.
- Choose between “ For Myself” and “To Manage My Business”.
- Fill in the required details and follow the instructions.
Things are more official with a YouTube Channel. Since you are a business, it is always good to be professional. Anyone who uploads a video to YouTube is referred to as a YouTube creator by the platform itself. If you only have a normal account on YouTube, you can create a channel using the following steps.
- Click the “Sign In” button at the right-top corner of your YouTube homepage.
- Select the email account that you wish to continue to sign in with.
- Enter the correct login information.
Once you return to YouTube,
- Click your account’s icon at the right-top corner of your homepage.
- Select “Create Channel”.
- If you prefer to continue with the brand name of your business, click “Select” under “Use a custom name”.
- Enter the “Channel Name”.
- Click on the box in front of terms and conditions and click on “Create”.
This is how you successfully create a YouTube channel for your business. After you upload the required channel images and enter the required information, you can start uploading videos of your choice.
How to Upload Videos to YouTube?
Once you create a YouTube channel, you can start uploading content and share it around on your social media platforms and drive viewers to your channel. You can also provide links to your YouTube videos on your business website itself. When uploading a video on your channel, you can follow these steps.
- Click the “Create” icon at the right-top corner of your YouTube homepage.
- Select “Upload Video”.
- Click on “Select Files”.
- Browse and upload the video file you wish to post from your channel.
- Enter the name of the video that you want to display.
- Enter a video description. It is important to mention the links to your website and its products that your wish to promote in this video.
- Select a suitable thumbnail from the available options. You can also upload a custom thumbnail.
- By selecting “No, it’s not made for kids”, you can simply present your video to adults.
- Click “More Options” and enter “Tags”. These tags are really helpful. They help your video reach more crowds based on the tags you have entered. For example, if your video is about a smartphone, your tags can be “Smartphone, How to use a smartphone, Samsung, Apple, Electronics, Gaming” etc.
- Once you are done, click “Next’. Add any video elements as you wish and click “Next”.
- If you wish to upload the video straight away, select “Public” under visibility and click on “Publish”.
Now you have successfully uploaded a video from your YouTube channel. Now it’s time to upload more content and drive more people to your business.
What Other Ways Can you Promote your Shop on YouTube?
- If yours is a food retail shop featuring random occasional recipes, that can be developed with the products in your shop. Collaborate with a popular YouTube Recipe channel to be featured with ingredient credits and links from the description.
- If you are a giftware, toys or accessories seller have unboxing videos of the latest additions to your shop
- If you are a B2B seller of products be sure to develop a detailed and more informative video on your products to provide a better outlook of the product to your customers.
- Develop videos on your business, team members, behind the scene manufacturing and sourcing process that can be also shared on other social media channels
And also don’t forget to promote your videos and channel through social media channels like Instagram, Facebook and even LinkedIn if you are a business with B2B clientele.